Moving house is not a one-day job. It requires much planning and logistics and can be hard for some people, especially if they’ve never transferred residences before. The best moving companies leesburg know that a smooth operation is a key to making your move an enjoyable experience. Fortunately, there are also many hacks we can do ourselves to making things stress-free.
Here are 9 smart moving hacks to make your next move so much easier.
1. Throw, donate or sell unwanted stuff – Take each item and decide if it has outlived its purpose and should be thrown in the bin instead. Other useful items can be sold online or at a yard sale and end up earning you a bit of pocket money. Otherwise, donate items to goodwill or your local church group so other people can benefit from them. This will also make things faster for the best moving companies Leesburg because they will have fewer things to deal with.
2. Consider a storage facility – If you know you have limited space in your new home and would like to hang on to several things, invest in a separate storage facility. This is also handy if you know your move won’t be permanent and want to hang on to your stuff.
3. Label everything multiple times – Even the best moving companies Leesburg will have a hard time dealing with boxes if they don’t have proper labels on them. Take the time to label all sides of the box in big letters so you won’t have trouble reading them.
4. Pack a separate bag of essential items – Don’t forget to pack a bag of important things so you won’t have to go through lots of boxes on the day you move in. Put clothes, toiletries, a set of sheets, and other things you tend to use every day.
5. Consider the time frame – If a strict schedule dictates your move, talk to the best moving companies Leesburg about your time frame so you can plan how to move all your belongings in time.
6. Don’t bother folding your clothes – Save lots of time by packing clothes in their hangers. When you get to your new house, all you have to do is hang them back up.
7. Order food on moving day – Consider ordering food on your first day so you won’t have to bother about cooking and washing up. This is also useful if the oven hasn’t been connected to the gas lines yet.
8. Small boxes make for easy transport – If you have lots of small items, consider putting them in smaller boxes that are easier to carry, especially if your new house has lots of stairs.
9. Call the moving company in advance – When you’ve decided on your move date, call the moving company right away so you can schedule it. This way, you get your reservation date early, and you can plan a strategy involving your moving men.
Major Moving cares about transporting your belongings safely and efficiently, so your moving experience is as easy as it can get. We offer more affordable rates than other moving service companies, and we’re happy to deal with projects big or small. Call us at 703 398 3592 or send us an email at email@example.com, and we will reply to you as soon as we can.
Major Moving is one of the best moving companies leesburg today. If you need a full-service professional residential and commercial moving company in Northern VA, contact us today!