Architect designer, Grosvenor Atterbury, created a large residence in Southampton’s estate district in 1899, the Linden Estate. He was inspired by his family’s Hamptons home where he spent most of his summers. The huge manor which is 18,000 sq. feet was built on a 17-acre property with landscape design by Frederick Law Olmsted who also made the New York’s park.
Linden Estate is a piece of American art history. It is named after the linden trees that cover the existing 9.11-acre ground on 160 Ox Pasture Road. It is a legacy that has been maintained by the current homeowners with a slight modification made by the powerful designer Steven Gambrel. This amazing art history is currently on the market and is listed by Tim Davis of Corcoran for $69.95 million.
Tim Davis, a Hamptons native, and luxury market leader, has 40-years of successful real estate business, listing, and selling experience. He has sold several luxury residences on the East End. Before joining Corcoran he was a previous principal of Allan Schneider Associates. Tim has successfully generated over $4 billion of revenue in sales of luxury estate homes, oceanfront properties, village cottages, and bay-front retreats in his overall career.
“The mansion has a fascinating history and a beautiful historic architect by Grosvenor Atterbury. It was the warmth and convenience of European mansions that inspired us. We want each space to be pleasant, with high-quality materials and comfortable summer living.” says, Tim Davis.
The mansion contains –
· 12 bedrooms and each bedroom has a bathroom.
· Separate staff quarters.
· A huge library with a huge fireplace.
· In total there are 8 fireplaces in the whole mansion.
· Including a magnificent main bedroom
· The kitchen is custom made. It features a French La Cornue stove, butler’s pantry, farmhouse sink, exposed wood beams, and a large island.
· Gym facility with glass windows, and a steam room.
· Oversized 60” x 20” indoor and outdoor swimming pool. The indoor pool has a water slide and a waterfall.
· Glass “box” pool house was recently added by Gambrel and Umberto Plaja. The whole box was manufactured in Polenz, Germany.
· It includes a full room ideal for al fresco dining.
· A green tennis court
· Paddle court
· Beautiful unusual fountain with lights.
· Carriage house with attached greenhouse.
· An equipment house.
· The highlight of the house is a gleaming glass folding shelter connected to the main house by a gym that includes a 60-foot heated indoor pool with a red Ferrari slide and waterfall.
Designer, Steven Gambrel says, “Linden Estate outperforms all the current luxury requirements of homeowners, with extensive space, large public rooms, spacious bedrooms for privacy and comfort, and sports such as indoor swimming, tennis, gym facilities, and a medical aid room. We’ve even created a family office to help people manage their lives and real estate investments. Guests have their area to stay, and everyone gets proper and separate space for accommodation.”
In 2002, the Fredericks paid around $8.5 million to purchase the Linden Estate. They marketed it for $60 million in 2008 and finally rented it for $850,000 per month. In 2013 it was put on the market again for around $45 million. This time Tim Davis of Corcoran has listed it for $69.95 million.
Linden Estate in Southampton NY
160 Ox Pasture Road, Southampton, NY
Contact Details –
Hamptons Luxury Real Estate Market Leader
24 Main Street Southampton, NY 11968